Thursday, October 21, 2010

Primos Bow Sling Review!

.
If you do a lot of bow hunting you know what a beating your bow string takes. In no time your your string will begin to show wear and tear and the form of frayed strands. You can keep it waxed to help it, keep water and grit out but once its frayed there is no going back. A new string is a price proposition.

I have been mildly looking for a solution, outside of a full case, that will help the situation. I wanted it to be simple, attach quickly and be something I can just toss my bow in the back seat with. When I get back to the truck after a hunt I'm ready to get gone. I have so much gear to wrangle as it is, anything new has to really be worth the effort.

I decided  to give the Primos bow sling a try. It seems to fit the bill. I doubt I would use the sling feature as I already have a ton of stuff draped over my shoulders. I am looking for string protection, mostly in the truck but I might leave it on all the way to the tree as it is designed for. After all, you really rarely walk up on a whitetail in the woods that you could get a shot at.

The following are some of my observations on this product both pro and con:

My first thought when I opened the package was that I was going to have to let this thing air out for a while before before taking it into the woods. It has a pretty good odor to it.


The camo color I chose was realtree hardwoods AP Green but that is not to important. It appears to be well made and I see no weak points to pick on at this time.

The cover installs in seconds and has three button snaps that close it around the string. It also has a bungee cord w/ pull strap to secure it around the cams. It attaches securely. I don't see myself using all the straps and snaps when just in the truck.

I do not see the shoulder strap all that practical particularly for me. If I had a climbing tree stand on my back I expect the bow would be clanking against it. However, I typically hunt from fixed position stands anymore so that's not much of an issue.

The cup material that cover the cams seems like a good choice but it is a little noisy. That would only be a minor issue if you used it as intended and kept it on all the way to the stand.

The cover is very light weight, compact and protects the string and cables and I would recommend the product for anyone looking to protect the only really vulnerable and critical part of your bow.





Best of hunts,
Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment