Monday, October 4, 2010

Bow Season Report, Florida 2010-7

.
Mon., October 4, 2010

Bow Report 2010: Florida 10-7

Oct. 1, 2010 ( pm hunt)
Wind: NW <5 (very light)
temp.: l 60, h.82
moon: 2 days after first quarter
major feed: 6:40 pm
pressure: 29.91- steady
humidity: avg. 75% l.37., h.94%
rain: 0


Sunday afternoon,

I decided to hunt the pond stand this afternoon. I had pulled the camera card friday pm., so it had been out for 2 days. When I got to the stand all the corn was devoured and the cam had 340 pictures on it! I saw a deer walking in on a 5 th. row and just before dark a spike showed. I had made up my mind I was going to shoot this one but he took so long getting over in front of the stand I decided to wait for another day and better light. The buck actually slipped around the corn thru the thick to come in from down wind, 180 deg., pretty smart for a year and a half old buck.

When I got home and looked at the card there had been shooter bucks at the stand in good shooting light both Sat. and Sun. including some bucks  I had not seen before. A 3 pt with a fork on one side and another 3 pt. with 7-8" spikes. The bucks are coming out of the wood work!

Monday AM:
I had to hunt this morning! After seeing bucks at that stand on the cam for two mornings in a row I thought I was in the drivers seat. Well, nothing showed. I pulled the card and headed for work.

When i got to the office.... more surprised, 4 bucks had had been at the stand overnight! including  a real nice two 2 1/2 yr old, high, forked horn.

Monday PM:
Hunted the pond stand again but only  had 30 minutes to hunt. As I was gearing up at the truck I realized I had forgot the video camera. %#!*#!&!% Said the heck with it and hunted anyway. I saw the same spike from Sunday afternoon but he passed off in the distance tracking down an old woods road on the edge of the tall timber. I climbed down and slipped out.

There's always tomorrow!




















Good luck,
Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment