Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bow Season Report, Florida 2010-13

.
 Bow Season Report, Florida 2010 -13 (AM & PM Hunt)

Wind: NNE 1-2mph early early and late
temp.: l 66, h.84
moon: 3 days before quarter moon
major feed: 1:30 am, 2:00 pm
pressure: 30.01 steady
humidity: avg. 63% - 37 min. 100max.
rain: 0

I just got in from an evening hunt at Cabbage Creek in my kill zone stand. I saw a total of (2) mosquitoes and (1) hen red bird and that's it. I just looked at the trail cam card and I'm just shaking my head at the bad timing. An hour after I left yesterday AM. That afternoon a shooter buck came thru at 3:00pm and another going the other direction at 6:18 PM. Hopefully, the odds are going to catch up to one of these guys.

This morning I hunted the pond stand but shortly after getting in the stand the wind changed and started blowing out of the south, right where the deer come from so I decided to climb down and get out of there.

The bow season ends this weekend so I'm vowing to make a hard last push to the end and put all the time I can in the stand. I'll  keep you posted.

Here's a few pic's from the kill zone cam:






The camera used here is a Bushnell Trophy. It takes good pictures but I don't know what happened on picture #4, that's a buck and it's more than an hour before dark? it's unusual to get a poor picture like that from this camera.

The first, second and fifth pic.'s are antlerless deer but #3&#4 are bucks. The pictures are not notable except for the time of day..... deer passed the stand an hour after I left and moved in the early afternoon. This was typical for the previous few days  with the mid-day move and was consistent with the major feed times of a new moon. More on this later.

Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment