Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bow Season Report, Florida 2010-9 (2)

.
My trail cameras are running overtime and the numbers of pictures are getting a little to much for one post so I'm going to put some of them here.

I don't know how many different bucks I have caught at my stands but the numbers are remarkable and without the cameras I would have no idea this many bucks were frequenting the area.

Most of the buck activity is as night but a few have shown up in the daylight while I was some place else!

This weekend I almost killed a buck as a result of intel gained by the use of the cameras. It is only thu my own fault the I let one get by me this past Sunday morning. The buck had been at the stand just after 8 AM the day before and made a mistake that almost cost him his life by repeating his pattern the very next day. I was there waiting on him but let him see me as I was getting ready for the shot! %!#!%#$&*! That was one lucky deer.....I don't let may get by like that!

Well, here's some pictures from 10-5 thru 10-8-10.




















Notice in the picture above there is a little to much flash being thrown on the ground. I'm going to adjust the camera angle a little and see what happens.

Also, something to think about if you are putting the camera at your stand location; almost no deer walks by the camera without seeing it even when set on infra red flash, out of the way and even during the day! Most of the bucks have returned again but a number of them have not. This could be attributed to bucks that are from another core area that were out roaming looking for does but it could also be a little camera issue. On some of my better cameras i have them set to take a three shot burst when triggered. It has caught a number of deer whirling away spooked. sometimes I only get one picture of the buck looking at the camera and the other two shots are empty!

The largest buck I have on camera is a 190"+ buck on our lease in Illinois. He was on the camera 5 times in two weeks last year and once he was caught wheeling back to run but he did come back a few days later.

I need some more time to develop some more info. and opinions on this subject. I'll post more as the pictures and evidence rolls in.

Good Luck,
Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment