Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sportsman's Guide "Guide Gear" Boot review

.
I had a major boot failure this weekend while out scouting on opening day of Bow season and it got me thinking about all the hunting boots I have owned and what were the best, longest lasting and leak free.


What prompted this post was actually a pair of Sportsman Guide, GuideGear boots that I purchased on sale, maybe 2 years ago but never got around to wearing until this weekend. The bottoms literally started falling off! by the time I made it back to the 4wheeler one was only hanging on by the toe and these are brand new! There biggest flaw it that the sole is a glue on type with a little wrap up onto the sides and that just does not work! Of course you can guess where they were made......China. Obviously, I would never consider taking a boot like this on a hunt away from home and they were only intended for local hunting. Their allure was the inexpensive price but more than that the waterproof lining. I will never know if that was a failure also.  I don't know if they are even selling these anymore but if you haven't already guessed....I would not recommend them!

I have sent an email to the Sportsman's Guide to see if they will offer an remedy for this major manufacturer defect but given the length of time I have had them I am not hopefully even though they are basically new and never been out of the closet.

I have purchased more products from the Guide than I care to remember so maybe that will carry a little weight I don't know.

I will provide a follow up to this when i get a response back from them and we will see gust how well they stand behind their products!

Buy USA!

Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment