Tuesday, September 28, 2010

7 Bucks Visit Trail Cam in 4 Days!

.
Camera Trap Pictures From 9/24 thru 9/28.

I almost hunted tonight  even though the feed time is still a little early in the afternoon but it was pretty ugly out and I decided to wait for  better weather. That turned out to be a good decision as it started raining before dark.

However, I did stop to put out some feed and pull the card in the trail cam. When I opened the camera it showed 208 pictures in 4 days!! I couldn't wait to get home to see what had visited the stand. It's like opening a Christmas present when you pop the card in the computer.

Well, I misses a great opportunity at a nice racked buck on Sunday morning. I was so tired from staying up posting to the blog Friday night I just could not get out of bed Sunday. That was a big mistake....have a look at pic #26 he was there at 7:25am!

The most interesting thing is that no less than 7 different bucks showed up at the stand in 4 days. I am totally amazed! Without the trail camera I would have no idea that many bucks are using there.

Obviously, all those bucks don't live right there and must have traveled there following other deer trails they cut. This tells me  that bucks are actively out looking for does and if this activity holds thru the weekend I should be able to show you a few close up of one or two of them with little x's over their eyes.

Have a look at these. They are not all big but that's coastal Florida hunting.






















Here is a good tip, don't set your camera facing the rising or setting sun or you will get pictures like the on e above early and late in the day. That's a pretty nice buck there, wish the exposure was better.

The camera I am running at this stand is a Bushnell Trail Sentry 2.1 mp. They have discontinued this particular model but have higher mp models like their 4.0 mp and 5.0 mp cameras. The 2.1 mp I used has infra red capability but I prefer the flash pictures and it does not seem to bother them at all. I would mention I have gotten pictures on my Bushnell trophy cam, on infra red where the deer was spooking off the camera! They came back  and were on the cam again but they definitely were startled by the red glow.

Also note that all of these pictures are resized to a modest 640X480 format which degrades the quality you see just a little.

Good luck,
Larry
.

No comments:

Post a Comment