Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bow Season Report, Florida 2010-3

.
Sept. 24, 2010 ( am & pm hunt) #5&6


Wind: east <5 (very light)
temp.: l 74, h.89
moon: 2 days after full
major feed: 11:50 pm
pressure: 30.01- steady
hunidity: avg. 75%
rain: 0 (rained overnight)

I hunted Cabbage Creek this morning. It sprinkled rain a little at the house as I was leaving. I decided to hunt the “kill zone stand” as this is a great morning stand, even on a full moon. It is really a lay-up stand but there is feed close by including “golden delicious” I provided.

There was not to much going on early but as the morning progressed the birds and such started to become active.

I saw the first deer about 9:15am. It was moving south thru the cut-over but got down wind and smelled me. I think it had bedded down out there about 45 yds before that happened. Never really got it on the camera.

About a half hour later a doe fawn showed up at the south end of the fire trail, coming from the pine plantation. It still had its spots on its hams and shoulders. Never saw momma? Got a bunch of footage of him. I’ll add a short clip to the post when I figure out how.

I climbed down at 10:00 and headed to camp.

I did get a stand hung in a new spot near “Moccasin Drain” that looks pretty promising! It was hot, humid and miserable but its done.

Afternoon hunt:

I decided to hunt the Buck Block stand behind the sink hole. All the corn was gone and there is some sign a bear is using there. He flattened the palmettos in a spot about 45 yds from the stand. Probably where most of the corn went.

Saw one squirrel all afternoon! It was dead as a wedge. No birds, no nothing. Overcast, humid and so quiet you could hear a rat peeing on cotton!

The big story for the day….The power grid went down at the camp! Bailey Power experienced a major melt down. The one and only generator at the camp thru a rod right thru the side and bottom of the motor! Steve and Wanda decided to pack it in rather than try to tough it out.

Did not hunt Sunday and work will probably keep me from hunting Monday but this weekend will be a quarter moon and prime time. I plan to take full advantage of it!

Steve did not see a deer Friday or Saturday

Good Luck!
Larry
.

No comments:

Post a Comment