Saturday, September 11, 2010

Deer Hair Birds Nest

Well, this is not exactly a hunting subject but if you have been following my articles you know how much I enjoy unusual and interesting things I run across while out in the woods.

This one falls in that category and i thought everybody might like to see this little piece of natural art.

My good friend Steve and I were slipping thru the woods trying to make a loop around to the other side of a pasture where we had struck a strutting gobbler when I noticed this little odd clump lying under a small oak tree.

This is a Wren's nest weaved from deer hair, cypress bark and spanish moss. I'm sure the Wren did not know what an excellent insulator deer hair is but it sure picked the perfect material. Being a building designer, I can appreciate the ingenuity and construction ability of the tiny Wren that fabricated this unique nest.



You never know what your going to run into when your out in the woods!

Best of  hunts,
Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment