Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bow Season Report, Florida 2010-2

Bow Report 2010: Florida 10-2
Sept. 21, 2010   ( PM hunt)  #4

Wind: east 5+/-
temp.: l 68, h.86
moon: 2 days before full
major feed: 9:25 pm
pressure: 30.09
hunidity: avg. 69%
rain: 0

I decided I need to hunt my pond stand Wednesday afternoon. I got there a little late but i needed to juice up the corn and get a trail cam setup. All the corn was completely gone. There wasn't even one cornal to be found. not surprising but left me wondering how long the stand had been out of corn and if i would see anything.

Well, the answer came soon enough....nothing! the moon is near full and was at about the 10:00 position, pretty hign in the sky. The temp./humidity were not to bad and there were only a couple of pesky mosquitoes.




Sept. 23, 2010 ( PM hunt) #5


Wind: east 4+/-
temp.: l 75,  h.82
moon: full
major feed: 10:40 pm
pressure: 30.15
hunidity: avg. 83%
Rain: off and on during day

Hunted the pond stand again this afternoon.

The moon was just above the tree line and it had showered thru the day including a late afternoon shower that ended about 6pm. I thought this would have them moving but I did not see any deer or any other animal or bird activity.

Most of the corn still seemed to be there. That was a little strange as I have seen the deer there eat a 50lb. sack in 2 nights.

I climbed down just before dark so i could pull the trail cam card and get out before something showed up and trapped me in the stand.

When I got home and looked at the card I almost could not believe my eyes....every deer on the card was a buck, not one doe! (3) bucks in two days.
They were all spikes but two were pretty decent.

The only problem is Jessica and Tammie have claimed both the big spikes and somehow they are off limits for me. How did that happen? I'm gona have to start playing my cards a little closer! Maybe there will be a yearling show up that they will let me shoot.

Here's some pic's from the camera trap. They are all taken with infrared but i reset it for standard flash. It really don't seem to bother them and I have plenty of pic's of deer spooking from the infrared setting. I would not have guessed that.






















Larry S.   

No comments:

Post a Comment