Thursday, October 4, 2012

Florida Bow Hunting Report 2012 #2

Sept. 17, 2012

Major Feed Time: 12:35 PM
Wind Direction: S at  6 but gusty in PM
Time Hunted: AM: 6:45-8:15     PM: 7:00-7:30 (AT POND)
Weather: Partly Cloudy, warm
Humidity:   65-91%
Temp.:        73-87
Barometer: 30.0 steady
Moon phase: New Moon


I hunted the property today both in the morning and in the afternoon. For some reason I did not consider the wind direction and it ended up blowing right to where most of the deer show up. I saw a young doe slip out of the thick pine stand that borders the new chop the stand is on. She was in range but I was not interested in shooting her. She angled away from me and before she got out of sight smelled me and departed blowing.

In the PM  I walked in on a deer at the stand at 7:00 (I was pretty late) and within a few minutes the wind changed out of the south and another deer in the pine plantation smelled me and started to blow also. At that point I decided the best thing to do was get out of there and wait for the wind to straighten out.

The only photo's on the trail cam were a few turkey hens.


Tuesday 18, 2012

Did not hunt, rain PM and wind wrong.

Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment