Monday, October 8, 2012

Flight of the Arrow!

.
I paroled another deer to heaven this morning. If you follow my blog you know I have been videoing all my hunts and this one was no exception.

I pulled the camera card at this test stand location Sunday morning and found that 5-6 different bucks had all of the sudden started showing up that. I was about to abandon the site as up until then there was one deer a week showing up.

When I reviewed the latest recon from the site and saw all the bucks showing up, I immediately shifted gears and hung a new stand there that afternoon and hunted it. I did not see anything but stayed at camp that night to hunt again this morning.

At 8:50 the least deer of the bunch showed up, a year and a half old 3pt. Being an equal opportunity hunter, there was no question what was about to happen. I got some great video, including the kill shot and arrow impact.

When I reviewed the footage I was surprised to see that it had actually caught the arrow in flight or at least the fletching.

This is pretty awesome, have a look at the slide show. I will post the video when I get a chance to edit it.




Good luck,
Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment