Monday, September 17, 2012

Florida Bow Hunting Report 2012 #1

.
Sept. 15, 2012
Major Feed Time: 10:40 AM
Wind Direction: NE (light while hunting)
Time Hunted:  AM:   7:00-9:00       PM: 6:15-7:45
Weather: Partly cloudy, warm, somewhat humid
Humidity:   69-85%
Temp.:       75-84
Barometer: 30.1
Moon phase: New Moon

This was the opening weekend of the Florida 2012 Bow season.

I decided to hunt my favorite stand the first weekend, the "Kill Zone". However, the deer activity was non existent. The only animal activity was a few woodpeckers in the morning.

That afternoon was not much better but I did hear what I believe was a deer pushing thru a palmetto flat behind the stand. However, it never made an appearance. I did not see any critters with fur today.

I did pull the trail camera card there and it had 4 different bucks on it for the past week as well as a number of does and yearlings. However, there was not one daylight picture of a deer?


















Sept. 16, 2012

Major Feed Time:
Wind Direction: NNE
Time Hunted: AM: 6:15-8:45 PM: 6:30-7:45 (AT POND)
Weather: Mostly Clear, warm
Humidity:  63-94%
Temp.:       73-86
Barometer: 30.05 steady
Moon phase: New Moon today

I hunted the Kill Zone stand in the morning and again, saw no deer activity. I finally decided to get down a little earlier than I should have but I was just not having the feeling that anything was going to happen.

I pulled the cam cards at the west fence and there had not been a deer there in a week?

When I got to the feeder at the buck block stand a bear had raided it and tore it down. There was bear scat everywhere and the deer sign had vaporized. there were some does and yearlings on the camera but no bucks?

That afternoon I hunted the property but did not see any deer activity there either.

This was one S L O W....weekend!

Larry S.


No comments:

Post a Comment