Friday, September 7, 2012

American Hunter Bucket Feeder Review

.
I recently purchased another hunting product and wanted to share what I know about it with everyone.

I am based in Florida and we are allowed to have feeding stations for deer as long as they are established 6 months in advance.

I prefer to broadcast feed by hand but if there are a lot of deer using the site, they can eat a 50 lb sack of corn in two nights! The other draw back is having to go in so often and leave scent around the area.

I really am not a big fan of feeders and hate the sound of one going off right at daylight when noise travels so well through the woods.

With the price of corn so high and expected to go higher it is more practical to use a feeder to sling out just a little at a time rather than feed "free choice".

This put me on a mission looking for an inexpensive feeder I could throw up and not have a pile of money tied up in it.What I found that seemed to fit the bill was an American Hunter Bucket Feeder that uses a 5 gal. bucket for a hopper and a feeder motor underneath with an abs plastic housing. Like most feeders it runs off of a 6 volt, spring type battery.

I think the best thing about it is the price! For less than $30 bucks you've got a feeder that will keep the deer fed up for you when you can't be there. It will save me a pile of money just in gas.

I think this thing will suit my purposes just fine but I will have to come back and up date the post after it has been in operation for a little while.





Good Luck,
Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment