Thursday, September 6, 2012

Alps Outdoors - Rhino Hunting Chair Review

.
After turkey season was over and I was all done with my filming I decided it was time for a new and better blind to hunt and film from. I decided on a Barronett Blinds-Grounder 250 blind. It is a 5 hub design and the setup and take down is as fast as it gets. You can set the blind up in a matter of a few seconds.

Once the blind arrived and I was trying it out, I realized the window sills were right about arrow hgt. for me when I was kneeling. I am only 5'6" so for a taller guy this might not be an issue.

Of course, if you are going to sit in a blind for any amount of time and be comfortable, you need a chair or stool of some sort. That started me looking for a light weight chair with a back support that would solve all these issues.

I settled on the "Alps Outdoors - Rhino Stool". I guess they refer to it as a stool as it only has 3 legs but I would call it a chair. It only weighs 5lbs. and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

The only minor issue I have about the chair is that the back is pretty straight up. I needed to keep the weight down as the blind is 14lbs it self so a larger more comfortable chair was not really an option and it is certainly way more comfortable than a backless stool!

Other than that, it seems well built, gets my arrow above the bottom of the window opening of the blind and provides a reasonably comfortable seat without excess weight to pack in.

I f you are looking for a hunting chair I would definitely recommend it and here is a link where you can get more information or order one for yourself;



Best of hunts,
Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment