Friday, September 28, 2007

Bow hunting report - Florida 2007-2

.
Bow Report 2007: Florida -2


Sept. 28, 2007 ( AM hunt) #

Wind: east 7+/-
temp.: l. 73, h. 86
moon: 2 days after full
major feed:           am
pressure: 30.00
humidity: avg. 80%
rain: 0

I decided to hunt Dee Dot this morning. I hunted the ladder at the South end of the sand bar which is a grass woods pasture out in a marsh. About 8:00 here comes a couple does and I took deer #2 for the season at 30yds. The deer loped off into the chest high march grass and crashed. after about 75 yds.

[Notice where Lacy's nose is...buried in the red "x"]

I went home to get Lacy for her second tracking exercise of the year and the girls came back with me for the recovery. Lacy did a great job and we recovered another floating deer in high grass. The deer was under the grass in the edge of a waste deep hole of water and we both fell in when I stepped on the grass mat that concealed the water (and the deer). Once we climbed back out we could see part of the sunken deer and the trackin' was over.
 
This is my second kill with a bow borrowed from my buddy Capt. Rick. It would be three but I had a deer duck the string at 35 yds.  There was an 8pt that came out of the marsh that morning, limping but did not get close enough to shoot. I have also seen two other bucks, a young buck with 7-8" horns and a good shooter 7pt.. Hopefully we will run into him again.

I sent my bow back to Mathews on Monday and it just got back yesterday....completely rebuilt, the only thing left from my bow was the cams! No charge. Now that's a warranty program.
 
Here's a link to the story of Lacy's 2 nd find: Lacy finds #2
 
Best of hunts,
Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment