Sunday, November 27, 2011

Florida Bow Hunting Report #8- 2011

.

Florida Bow Hunting Report #8- 2011
The Last Weekend

Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011

I can’t believe it took this long to put a deer on the ground but I finally got it done! The next to the last day of the season and I took a doe at about 15yds this morning.



Were just coming off a full moon and the feed times are a little off. I expected the morning hunt would be my best chance to put some brown on the ground.

I hunted the Kill Zone stand this morning and the hunt was going pretty slow until about 7:15. I was standing with my shoulder against the tree and my back to my entry trail. Deer never use that trail. Finally, one did!

I never heard the approaching doe or knew she was there until she was 6 yds from my tree. I just happened to turn my head to the left (south) and noticed a movement . It almost looked like a spider on my shoulder. I ever so slowly looked down to see a big doe standing there looking for me. She put her nose to the ground and snapped back to attention. She had tracked me down the trail and was looking for me. I stood still waiting for her to move. She was not there for corn and when she broke I knew I had a matter of seconds to get a shot off before the opportunity would be lost.

The doe was quartering away at 15 yds when the pin settled on her and the shaft was away. The shot was true and the doe charged off at high speed, tail dish ragging. She made it about 45yds. and I got to watch her pile up insight….F I N A L L Y ! Man was that a relief. I had to sit down and take a break. I have really been hunting hard for that deer. I had come so close to the season being a bust it was unconceivable. Boy, did I pull that one out of the fire.



The afternoon’s hunt was a bust and there were no deer sightings by anyone I talked to at camp.

My ole’ buddy SteveO just so happened to have a fifth of Jack at the camp and it was time to celebrate the big kill. We were up until nearly midnight telling old huntin’ stories and reliving past adventures. It was tough getting up the next morning. We were both a little punchy but we made it to the stand for the mornings hunt.

Here are some trail camera pic.'s from the last couple days:











Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment