Monday, September 26, 2011

Huge 9pt. Shows up on Trail Camera!

.
Sept. 24,11 

I pulled the camera card from the stand where the bear caught the buck I shot last year this morning. It had been out for a week but when I opened the camera it was off. Apparently the batteries died on photo #6 and that was it. I was pretty disappointed......all week and only 6 pictures to show for it. It's about like opening a Christmas present and finding a pack of socks.

Well, That all changed when I got back to camp and viewed the card........Monster 9pt!!!!


There was only one picture of him but it was a good one. This is one super nice buck. He would probably be my best Florida buck ever if I can take him but realistically, It will be a miracle to cross him up, especially given the very low deer activity this stand has had. I may have a better chance later in the season as the food and rut play out.

This stand is in some really thick woods. I had to had out  a hole in the palmettos just to be able to shoot. The good thing about it is that there is lay-up in all directions and a few acorns have started to fall in there so there is both mass and cover. This buck can move all over the place around there without exposing himself. Also, this adjoins some private property with limited hunting.

Hopefully this is where this deer lives and he shows up on the camera some more. With so little general deer activity here it is going to be a struggle to leave a stand where I have 5-6 bucks using if I can't get some more intel on him.

I hunted him Sunday afternoon with off and on light showers. The result was pretty much what I thought I'd see...........zero!

Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment