Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rocky Boots Review - "15" Low Country Snake Boots" -Update #1

.
Update #1

You can see the original review posting here: Rocky Boots Review-15" Low Country Snake Boot!

Well, it would normally be a little soon for an update as I have only worn the new, third pair of these boots for (4) days but the first failing has become evident this morning.

There was a heavy due and even a little frost this morning while I was walking in to where I thought I might be able to get on a gobbler. I also had to cross a small stretch of standing water in the road that was 2-4" deep or so. I stopped to take a photo standing in the shallow water.

When I got back to the office later and changed, I discovered the right boot had leaked just a little as I had a light stain and dampness on my sock just behind my little toe!

Just what I had hoped would not happen.

I really don't know what to think about Rocky. Their water proofing systems is just not working. This is the 4th of 5th Rocky boot that I have bought over the last 5 years that leaked. Every single one and these are not inexpensive boots. They all typically sell for $130. It's just unacceptable.

I am going to contact the company and see what they have to say about this issue. I don't see how I could ever risk my hard earned money on another rocky boot not to mention the let down in the field. I still have 3-4 weeks of turkey season to get through, including a trip to Illinois!

Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment