Monday, March 18, 2013

Godzilla the Osceola Gobbler is Dead!




GODZILLA IS DEAD!

I guided a turkey hunt Sunday morning and the guy I was hunting took a Monster of an Osceola!!

This thing weighed 20.11 lb.......had 1 1/4" spurs and sported no less than FIVE BEARDS!!!!!!!!! The primary beard was 11 1/8". I'll add the stats on the rest of the beards later but it was incredible.
...
Good thing I didn't know he had all those beards......I might had shoved Steve outa the way and shot him my self!!!

There was at least 4 gobbling birds involved. I was running the camera but the bird came in behind a line of planted pines to me and did not offer much video before Steve dropped the hammer.

A trophy of a lifetime!

Here's a sneak peak at the beard........
 
 



I hunted opening morning on my own and fell into a hornets nest of turkeys.....(3) strutters and (8) hens. Videoed the dominate bird mount one of the hens and stand on her in full strut while the two sub birds strutted around them!! ALL ON VIDEO at 46 yds! I ended up shooting one of the sub-birds when some of the other turkeys finally cleared him. Weight until you see this hunt! It's as good as you will ever see!



Good Luck this turkey season

Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment