Friday, March 12, 2010

Primos Diaphragm Sonic Dome Turkey Call Review

Another Spring Gobbler season is upon us and its time to be tuning up your calling and getting all your gear right and tight.

In my opinion, the mouth diaphragm call is the best turkey call ever invented for turkey hunting. Any call that a turkey makes can be duplicated on this type call including a kee kee.

Most of my Diaphragm mouth calls are in need of replacement so did some poking around and picked up some news calls to try.

One of the better calls I found was the new Primos "Sonic Dome Series", double reed, no cut. Right out of the box it fit my pallet better than any other call I have tried to date. In fact it fit so well i used it as a pattern to trim my other call to.

My personal preference in a mouth call is a twin reed with no cuts. I find the cuts make it difficuly to purr on which is a finishing call I rely heavily on. Also, more than two reeds or cuts are almost impossible for me to gobble on.

This call can make both raspy and clear calls and a range of soft and loud calls. Cuts are also nice and sharp.

My method of gobbling on a mouth call does not work with the dome style call but then again, I do not incorporate that call to much.

If your looking for a new call give this one a try, it a winner!



Best of Hunting,
Larry Stephens

No comments:

Post a Comment