Monday, February 22, 2010

Poor Sportsmanship Don't Pay, Another Hunter tries to Muscle in on My Hot Spot!

.
Have you ever caught another hunter hunting your favorite hot spot while you weren’t there?

Well, I decided to run out and sit my tri-pod stand on a mowed opening along a marsh for a quick afternoon bow hunt. The stand is bounded to the west by waste to chest high grass and a creek drain. The hole area is a wildlife meca and anything that walks or crawls can be found there.

I was quietly slipping along the edge of the high grass when I walked up on a hunter lying in wait not more than 25 yds from my stand!

The bad thing is he’s a free loader that won’t even help pay his share of the lease. He gets to hunt 24/7, while I am work. You can imagine I wasn’t to happy to see this guy hunting practically in my stand!

I decided I would take him out! I sized him up. He was pretty big and not without weapons. It came to me that jumping on him might not be the best idea, I’d better just shoot um.

I had just happened to come up on the back side of his hide and he didn’t have a clue I was there. Not wanting to waste a perfectly good set of broadhead blades, I quietly slipped the set out of one of my Muzzy missiles. I knocked the shaft, drew, put my first pin on his neck and let him have it!

Perfect shot! I pinned him to the ground right where he sat!

Here’s a picture of the sorry sucker in case you run into one of his kind.
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[


This place has some big snakes! You better keep one eye on the ground around here!
Good Hunting,
Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment